The purpose of this programme is to support the widespread adoption of the current Building Book for refurbishment through grants that cover part of the costs of professional fees for the issue of the reports and of drawing up detailed proposals for the overall refurbishment of buildings.
The Book that tells you the condition of a building
This grant programme is for ownership associations for residential buildings constructed before 2000 and who wish to prepare a Building Book or refurbishment proposals.
A Building Book is a technical report that describes the characteristics of a building and tells owners how a building should be used and maintained to extend its useful life and stop it from deteriorating. The report also describes the steps to achieve the required increases in energy efficiency.
EU Next Generation funds meet part of the costs of this diagnostic report incurred by owners who show that they wish to carry out refurbishment or restoration works.
Would you like to know how to apply for Building and Project Book preparation’s grants?
These dropdowns explain the requirements and process to apply for these grants. You can find more information in the call for Applications for Refurbishment Grants under EU Next Generation funds.
Ownership associations and owners of single or multiple4 household buildings.
Application for technical inspection of the building has been approved or is in train.
Grant to encourage the widespread adoption of the current Building Book for restoration or refurbishment and the carrying out of whole-building refurbishments in order to boost demand for high-quality energy projects of material size.
Works must be completed by 30 June 2026.
Requirements for buildings:
- Be completed before 2000.
- At 50% of the built surface area above ground level, excluding the ground floor and any lower floors if they have uses other than residential use, is residential.
- Have submitted to the Housing Agency of Catalonia (AHC) an application for a certificate of suitability within no more than 4 months following the issue of a Report of Technical Inspection of a Building (IITE) and prior to the grant application.
Compatibilities and Incompatibilities
These grants can be combined with other public funding for the same purpose, provided that the aggregate of all grants and other publicly funded support does not exceed the total cost.
These grants may be combined with any other support funded by European Union funds for different measures.
The current Building Book for restoration or refurbishment may be combined with grants under Programme 1, grants for neighbourhood restoration measures, or Programme 3, grants for restoration of buildings, for which Applications may be submitted at the same time. In that case, if a grant is awarded under this Programme, the value of the grant will be calculated after deduction of any grant under Programmes 1 or 3. These grants may also be combined in the case of single household dwellings with Programme 4, grants for measures to increase energy efficiency in dwellings, provide an application for an ITE has been submitted.
Amount and term of the request
It is not possible to increase the amount of the grant on account of not having the Technical Inspection of a Building (ITE) and the Report of Technical Inspection of Building (IITE) as envisaged by Article 53.1 of Royal Decree 853/2021 of 5 October.
Applications can be submitted for these grants until 31 December 2023 or until all available funds have been used up.
You can consult the necessary documentation in the Call for renovation grants from the Barcelona Housing Consortium, or in the direct download links for each of the documents, which are found below (More information):
- Certificat de l’acord de les persones propietàries úniques
- Certificat de l’acta de reunió de la junta de propietaris
- Sol·licitud de cessió del dret de cobrament de subvencions
- Declaració responsable d’Ajuts d’estat per a la sol·licitud de les subvencions a l’empara del Pla RTR - Programa 5
- Declaració responsable de compliment dels requisits del programa 5 per a la rehabilitació d'edificis d'ús residencial
- Sol·licitud de transferència bancària per a pagaments del Consorci de l’Habitatge de Barcelona
- Sol·licitud de subvencions per a la rehabilitació d'edificis d'ús residencial
- Autorització per sol·licitar dades a organismes oficials
- Model Declaració d'Absència de Conflicte d'Interès (DACI)
- Model Declaració Responsable d’Existència i Aplicació Efectiva d’un Model d’Organització i Gestió per Prevenir Delictes
- Model Declaració Cessió i Tractament Dades en relació amb Execució Actuacions Pla de Recuperació, Transformació... (PRTR)
- Checklist documentació idoneïtat administrativa
Measures eligible for grant support:
Widespread adoption of the current Building Book for restoration or refurbishment under Paragraph 10 of the Grant Award Process opened on 12 February 2021, under the Reovery, Transformation and Resilence Plan, financed by the European Union - NextGenerationEU.
Technical and whole-building refurbishment projects within the stated limits with a view to boosting demand for high-quality energy efficiency schemes of material size under Paragraph of the Grant Award Process opened on 12 February 2021, under the Reovery, Transformation and Resilence Plan, financed by the European Union - NextGenerationEU.