If you can’t afford your bills, contact the Energy Advising Points.
Your energy rights are guaranteed by Law 24/2015
Light, water and gas are a basic right and everyone is guaranteed access.
This is stated in the Law 24/2015, which prohibits utility companies from cutting off supplies to vulnerable households and obliges them to maintain service throughout the economic difficulties.
The state energy model, difficulties paying bills due to economic and work-related reasons, problems derived from poor insulation, and situations of energy dependence are present all year round, and so are their effects on people’s health. That is why we have to defend energy rights in both winter and summer.
If you can’t afford to keep a comfortable temperature at home or to use running water, contact an Energy Advising Points. They are a Barcelona City Council service that offers the information, attention and intervention necessary for people to exercise their energy rights and stop companies from denying them access to basic utilities.
What can you do if you have difficulty paying your electricity, water or gas bills?
Want to understand your electricity bill? We can help you!
We offer you a small guide to understanding your electricity bill. In this capsule we explain, in five steps, a way to lower your household electricity bill:
1. Find the contracted power (in kW) on your electricity bill.
2. Find your maximum consumption (also called maximum power demanded).
3. Look up the CUPS (Universal Supply Point Code).
4. If necessary, call your utility company.
5. Ask them to lower your power.
For more information to understand the electricity bill, please check this link.
Want to understand your gas bill? We can help you!
We offer you the opportunity to better understand your gas bill and reduce your expenses. To a large extent, by switching to the regulated market through four steps:
1. Determine the type of contract you have (whether it’s in the free market or the regulated market).
2. Find your CUPS (Universal Supply Point Code).
3. If necessary, call your company and request the switch to the regulated market.
4. Verify that there are no automatic contract renewals or binding periods.
For more information to understand the gas bill, please check this link.
Do you want to understand your water bill? We’re here to help!
Here is a guide to helping you understand your water bill, explaining each concept, what information it provides, and what benefits it provides for those in vulnerable situations:
1. Social tariff.
2. Social tariff of the water canon.
3. Discount or exemption from the waste collection tax.
4. Exemption from the sewerage tax.
For more information on understanding the water bill, please check this link.
22/01/2024 - 16:40
Housing. It is essential to know and understand the key concepts of the water bill to determine if what we are paying corresponds to...
09/10/2023 - 11:59
Housing. Understanding the key concepts on the bill and knowing whether we are in the regulated or free market helps us reduce our...
22/03/2023 - 16:24
Housing. In this informative capsule, we explain, in five steps, how to lower your household electricity costs.
Five Barcelona Housing projects are awarded by the Spanish Association of Housing and Land Public Managers
12/07/2022 - 14:08
Housing. La Balma and APROP, among the winners for best new construction and best R&D project, respectively