Beneficiaries: People who are owners of a property on the free market, which they make available to the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock.
Maximum amount of the grant: €20,000
Administration that awards the benefit: Barcelona Housing Consortium
Renovate your apartment thanks to the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock
Make the most of the advantages provided by the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock. Rent your apartment with the City Council and enjoy a grant to renovate the property of up to 100% of the amount of the works, up to a maximum of 20,000 euros.
The following actions are subsidised:
- Obtaining the habitability certificate
- Adaptation of the interior installations of the property and improve the habitability
- Adaptation of the interior furnishings of the property
- Energy and sustainability improvements
To carry out this process, it is necessary to make an appointment with the personalised service “Housing Calls You”. Staff will advise you over the phone about all the available processing options without the need to visit an office in person. If you can only do it in person, you will be given an appointment to be seen at any of the Barcelona Housing Offices.
What do you need to know to apply for this aid?
In these drop-down menus you can find the requirements and steps to follow to request this aid.
Individuals or legal entities that own a free-market dwelling and make it available to the Barcelona Rental Housing Exchange may be beneficiaries of these subsidies provided that they submit the documentation described in Annex 4, which must refer to actions on dwellings that are eligible for a rental contract under the Barcelona Rental Housing Exchange program.
In addition, members of groups of physical or legal persons, public or private entities without legal personality, who own a free-market dwelling and make it available to the Barcelona Rental Housing Exchange, may also be eligible for these benefits, provided that the requirements mentioned in the preceding paragraph are met.
Likewise, owners of dwellings that have initiated works before submitting the registration request provided for in Article 31 of the regulatory framework may also benefit from these subsidies, as well as individuals who have submitted their applications in previous calls and that, as of the date of publication of this call, have not been resolved.
The beneficiaries must meet the following requirements:
- Applications submitted by interested parties must be processed by the Department of Dignified Use of Housing.
- Housing units that have been designated for tourist use and are incorporated into the Social Rental Housing Stock of Barcelona as a result of an agreement with the Barcelona City Council to reduce a penalty imposed due to having designated the unit for tourist use or other types of unauthorized infractions, will not be eligible for these grants.
- Likewise, legal entities that are required by other regulations of higher standing to offer a lease agreement or other obligation of public law based on the general interest, of the occupants of a housing unit that is at risk of loss, will not be eligible to receive these benefits.
- The rental contract that is formalized must have a duration of one year, extendable up to five years. If the rental contract mentioned is terminated within the first two years, the beneficiary of the grant will be obliged to formalize a new rental contract with the mediation of the Barcelona Rental Housing Exchange for a minimum period of one year, extendable up to five years in the case of properties owned by individuals, and one year, extendable up to seven years in the case of properties owned by legal entities, or otherwise, return the grant received for the rehabilitation works.
- Houses that have started renovation works before submitting the registration application may also apply for these grants, as well as those who have carried out the works in the twelve months before registration, proving their completion with the corresponding invoices.
1. In the application for registration and technical report:
- Standardised application form for registration and technical report (Form 1h).
- Spanish identity document, Spanish foreigner’s identity document or tax code of the person signed the application.
- Documentation accrediting the representation of the entity or person in whose name they act.
- Updated informative extract from the corresponding Property Registry for the properties referenced in the application, as well as the legal titles that certify the legitimate occupation of the property that is proposed to be included in this aid program.
- ID card, tax ID number or foreigner identification number (NIE) of each owner.
- Appointment, if necessary, of a representative of the owners for the purpose of processing the application (standardized form).
Statement of responsibility (Form D):
Statement of responsibility, in a standardized form, which includes detailed information on whether the promoter of the works:
- Is up to date with tax and Social Security obligations.
- Does not meet any of the circumstances provided for in article 13 of Law 38/2003, of November 17, on general subsidies.
- Has requested or received other aid for the same project, indicating the amount of aid requested or, where appropriate, obtained.
- Taxes that burden the cost of executing the works can be deducted (VAT).
- Has obtained permission for the works.
Documentation for transfer of renovation grant (Endorsement form):
In case the owner of the property and beneficiary of the renovation grant endorses its payment to a third party, it must be documented using the standardized form, which must include the applicant of the renovation grant as the endorser and the endorsee who will receive the amount of the renovation grant.
- The application for the building permit, obtaining the permit, the project, as well as the payment of the permit fees will be checked automatically. The budget declared for calculating the tax must coincide with the execution price and materials of the company carrying out the works. This amount will be a limiting factor in the calculation of the grants, in accordance with the criteria established in Articles 8 and 19.4 of the Guidelines.
- In case the work does not require a project or a permit, the following must be attached:
- Technical report, with a description of the work to be carried out and additional technical documentation according to the type of action for which the grants are requested.
- In the case of actions for the adaptation of installation networks that do not require a permit or notice of works, the submission of the budget from the company indicated in section C below, descriptive documentation of the installation, and a descriptive sketch of the common areas affected by the passage or elimination of the installations will be sufficient.
- Budget from the company carrying out the works, properly broken down for each item, as well as the expected technical fees. For the small contract, the submission of three bids and a written explanation from the president, secretary, or administrator about the accepted budget is required.
2. Upon starting the works:
- Notice of commencement of works and request for aid in accordance with the standardized model (form 2):
- The notice of commencement of works according to the standardized model must be provided. The notice of commencement of works must necessarily be submitted after obtaining the technical report.
- The building permit must be valid throughout the entire execution of the works. The Consortium will require the applicant to provide proof of completion upon the expiration of the deadline indicated in the building permit. In case of failure to respond to the requirement in a timely manner, it will be understood that the applicant withdraws the application and the file will be archived, subject to the corresponding resolution.
- If the applicant for the grant has endorsed it to the industrial or contractor responsible for the work, and the latter has deducted it from the contributions payable by the applicant, the corresponding endorsement document must be provided.
3. Upon finishing the works:
- Notice of completion of works and request for payment of the grant (form 3):
- According to the standardized model, the notice of completion of works must be provided and original and copy of all duly issued invoices and receipts justifying the expenses incurred must be attached. The assignment of the grant in favor of the contractor will have the same effects as a receipt.
- The invoices and receipts submitted with the notice of completion of works will be the only ones taken into account in the calculation of the grant.
- As proof of the protected budget, any of the following documents may be provided, in addition to invoices: Receipts For cases of deferred payments that fall due after the deadline for justification set out in Article 43 of the regulatory bases:
- For cases of deferred payments that fall due after the deadline for justification set out in Article 43 of the regulatory bases:
- 1. Bank check, justifying the acknowledgment of receipt by the supplier accepting it as a form of payment.
- 2. Promissory note, attaching the acknowledgment of receipt by the supplier accepting it as a form of payment.
- 3. Accepted bill of exchange.
- 4. Confirmed irrevocable letter of credit or irrevocable documentary credit.
- Bank domiciliation document. This document can only be submitted together with the payment request. If a bank domiciliation document has been submitted before, submission of this document (form €) will be requested again.
- Certificate of completion of works issued by the competent technician.
The Barcelona Housing Consortium may request any additional documentation to expand its knowledge of the documentation submitted.
- Application for registration and technical report (CAT)
- Declaration of responsibility (CAT)
- Summary of the cost of the work to be carried out according to the budgets provided for each type of work (CAT)
- Notice of commencement of works and application for rehabilitation aid for interior... (CAT)
- Notice of completion of works and request for payment (CAT)
- Endorsement document (CAT)
- Bank details form for payment of creditors (CAT)
- List of invoices/Documentation submitted for the cost of the work carried out (CAT)
Amount and term of the application
Amount: The grant will cover 100% of the cost of the project, up to a maximum of €20,000 per dwelling (including VAT). The minimum grant amount will be €500. The grant will be paid by bank transfer, to the bank account indicated in the bank details form.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting grant applications as provided for in Article 37.1 of the regulatory bases opens on the day following the publication of this call in the DOGC and closes on December 31, 2023.