Details of the aid
Status: AVAILABLE until 30/11/2021
Beneficiaries: People who are owners of a property on the free market, which they make available to the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock.
Maximum amount of the grant: €20,000
Administration that awards the benefit: Barcelona Housing Consortium
Renovate your apartment thanks to the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock
Make the most of the advantages provided by the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock. Rent your apartment with the City Council and enjoy a grant to renovate the property of up to 100% of the amount of the works, up to a maximum of 20,000 euros.
The following actions are subsidised:
- Obtaining the habitability certificate
- Adaptation of the interior installations of the property and improve the habitability
- Adaptation of the interior furnishings of the property
- Energy and sustainability improvements
To carry out this process, it is necessary to make an appointment with the personalised service “Housing Calls You”. Staff will advise you over the phone about all the available processing options without the need to visit an office in person. If you can only do it in person, you will be given an appointment to be seen at any of the Barcelona Housing Offices.
What do you need to know to apply for this aid?
In these drop-down menus you can find the requirements and steps to follow to request this aid.
The call is aimed at people who are owners of a property on the free market, which they make available to the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock.
Natural or legal persons that own a property on the free market may be the beneficiaries of these benefits.
Beneficiaries can also include members of groups of natural or legal persons, public or private without legal personality, that are owners of a property on the free market.
Beneficiaries must comply with the following requirements:
- Applications filed by interested parties must be processed by the Technical Direction of Action Plans for Dignified Use of Housing.
- Housing that has been used for tourism and that is incorporated in the Barcelona Social Rent Housing Stock due to an agreement with Barcelona City Council to reduce a fine imposed as a result of using the housing for tourism purposes without authorisation, cannot receive these benefits.
- Nor can legal persons that are bound by a higher law to offer a rental agreement or other public right obligation based on general interest, to occupants of a property that is at risk of being lost.
- The formalised rent agreement must be for at least one year, extendable up to five years. Should the aforementioned rent agreement be terminated within the first two years, the beneficiary of the benefit will be obliged to formalise a new rent agreement with the mediation of the Barcelona Rental Housing Stock for a minimum of one year extendable up to five years for properties of natural persons, and one year extendable up to seven years for properties of legal persons.
1. In the application for registration and technical report:
- Spanish identity document, Spanish foreigner’s identity document or tax code of the person signed the application.
- Documentation accrediting the representation of the entity or person in whose name they act.
- Non-certified extract from the Land Registry corresponding to the housing mentioned in the application, as well as the legal titles that accredit the lawful occupancy of the housing that is proposed for inclusion in this benefits programme.
- Spanish identity document, Spanish foreigner’s identity document or tax code of each of the owners.
- Appointment, if necessary, of a representative of the owners for the purpose of processing the application (standardised form).
Statement of compliance (CAT), on a standardised form, which includes detailed information on whether the property developer:
- Is up to date with tax and social security obligations.
- Is not found to be in any of the circumstances provided in article 13 of the General Benefits Law 38/2003 of 17 November.
- Has applied for or received other benefits for the same action, in which case the amount of the benefit requested or, if appropriate, obtained is indicated.
- Can deduct the taxes that encumber the cost of execution of the works (VAT).
- Has requested a works permit.
- The application for the works permit, procurement of the permit, the design project, as well as payment of the permit fees will be automatically consulted.
- If it is not mandatory to provide the design plan for the permit, or procurement of the permit is not mandatory for the action:
- Technical report, with the description of the works to be done and complementary and necessary attached technical documentation depending on the type of action for which the benefits are requested.
- Regarding actions for the conditioning of the utilities networks, it will be enough to provide the company quote mentioned in the following point, descriptive documentation of the installation and a descriptive sketch of the communal areas affected by the passing or elimination of the utilities.
- Quote from the company that does the works (CAT), duly itemised, as well as the envisaged technicians’ fees. For minor contracts, it will be necessary to provide three quotes and a letter from the president, secretary or administrator explaining the result of voting on the accepted quote.
2. Upon starting the works:
- Notification of the start of the works (CAT) as per the standardised form.
- If the benefit applicant has endorsed it to the industrialist or developer responsible for the works and the latter has discounted it from the applicant’s contributions, the corresponding endorsement document (CAT) must be provided.
3. Upon finishing the works:
- Notification of the end of the works as per the standardised form.
- Original and copy of all invoices and receipts duly issued, that justify the expense incurred. The transfer of the benefit in favour of the contractor will have the same effects as a receipt.
- The invoices and receipts (CAT) provided with the notification of the end of the works will be the only one borne in mind when calculating the benefit.
- To justify the protected quote, any of the following documents may be provided, as well as the invoices:
- In the case of deferred payments that are due after the justification deadline provided in article 43 of the Regulatory Bases.
- Direct debit document. This document can only be provided together with the payment request.
- Final completion certificate issued by the competent specialist.
Amount and term of the application
The benefit will be 100% of the cost of the action, up to a maximum of €20,000 per property (VAT included). The minimum amount that can be subsidised will be €500. The benefit will be paid via wire transfer to the bank account indicated on the ban account information form.
This call is open until 30 November 2022, or while the provided budget lasts.