Details of the aid
Status: NOT AVAILABLE
Addressees: Young people between 18 and 35 years old who have a contract for an apartment or room, or are in the process of having one. If they do not have one, they will have to formalize the corresponding contract within 2 months and provide the certificate of cohabitation within 3 months, counting from the notification of the resolution.
Maximum monthly rent: Up to 900€ for dwellings; and up to 450€ for rooms.
Family income limit: Between 2 and 3 times the IRSC
Administration granting the subsidy: Catalonia Housing Agency
Rental aid for young people
The Housing Agency of Catalonia grants these subsidies to young people between 18 and 35 years of age with limited financial means to facilitate the enjoyment of a dwelling or room for rent or transfer of use. The aid in question is granted for 2 years and consists of a maximum amount of €250/month.
This aid is intended for all persons residing in the city of Barcelona, holders of a rental contract, room, or transfer of use and whose home is their habitual and permanent residence in the territory of Catalonia.
Do you want to know how to apply?
In these drop-downs you can find the requirements and the steps to follow to apply for this aid. Preferably, you can apply through the website of the Generalitat de Catalunya, or in person at the exchanges that are part of the Mediation Network for Social Renting, at the local housing offices, at the offices of the Housing Agency of Catalonia and at the headquarters of the entity that owns or manages the housing.
Persons who are holders of a rental contract, room, or cession of use that constitutes their habitual and permanent residence in the territory of Catalonia and who at the time of making the application are between 18 and 35 years of age, and meet the requirements of the call.
- Be registered in the dwelling at the time of application.
- Be between 18 and 35 years old, inclusive, at the time of application.
- In the metropolitan area of Barcelona, the rental price of the dwelling must be a maximum of 900€, and 450€ in the case of room rentals.
- Be up to date with the payment of the rent receipts and pay them by direct debit, bank transfer, bank deposit, Bizum, or receipt from the administrator at the time of application.
- Prove a regular source of income* with a maximum limit of:
a. If you have been working since before 2021: €22,548.67.
b. If you started working in 2021: €23,664.15.
c. If you started working in 2022: €24,301.57* According to the sum of the IRPF taxable bases.
- If you share the rent: if the same number of people apply for the Bono as the holders of the rental or assignment contract, the individual incomes will be taken into account. Otherwise, all the income of the Cohabitation Unit will be taken into account.
- In the case of renting or transferring a room, only the income of the tenant will be taken into account.
The necessary documentation to accredit the requirements requested in the call, except in those cases in which the Administration can make the consultation (marked with (*), is:
- Identity documents:
- Valid National Identity Card (DNI).
- Citizens of the European Union: Certificate of registration of citizens of the European Union in force.
- Non-EU foreigners: NIE and valid foreigner's identity card (TIE).
- Valid National Identity Card (DNI).
- Proof of the income of the applicant and of each of the members that make up the living unit of working age, according to the cases and the exceptions indicated in the bases of the call, will have to be accredited by providing the Declaration of the income tax of individuals (2020) (), Certificate of imputations of the State Agency of the Tributary Administration (2020) (), Certificate of imputations of the State Agency of the Tributary Administration (2021) or work contract with all the payrolls received up to the date of presentation of the application.
- (*) Report of work-life issued by the TGSS regarding the applicant and all persons of working age who are part of the cohabitation unit.
- Family book, if applicable.
- The rental contract or the contract of assignment of use of the dwelling or room in the name of the applicant.
- All rental or assignment fee receipts due in 2022, paid up to the date of submission of the application.
- Standardized bank transfer form, or equivalent document, in the name of the applicant, of the account where the subsidy is to be paid.
- Certificate accrediting that the applicant has no debts with the State Tax Administration Agency (AEAT), the General Treasury of Social Security (TGSS), and the Tax Agency of Catalonia (ATC).
Amount and application period
- Amount: The amount of the subsidy is 250 € with the limit of the monthly amount of rent or the price of the assignment. If there is more than one beneficiary in the same dwelling, the sum of the subsidies granted may not exceed the monthly amount of rent or assignment price. In this case, it will be reduced in the corresponding proportion.
- Term: The subsidy is granted for a maximum term of 2 years. For contracts prior to January 1, 2022, the amount of the subsidy will be for the monthly payments from January 2022 to December 2023. For contracts signed between January 1, 2022 and the date of the deadline for submitting applications, the subsidy will be for the monthly payments included between the month following the effective date of the contract and the month in which the two-year term for which the subsidy has been granted ends, calculated from that date.
- This call for applications is currently closed.
These subsidies are incompatible with the receipt of other aid from any public administration or public or private entities for the same monthly payments in the same year and for the same purpose.
This aid is compatible for persons receiving non-contributory social security benefits and for persons receiving the minimum living income.
- There are no fees associated with the processing of the grant application.
- The payment of the subsidy will be made by bank transfer.
Priority criteria for evaluating and ordering applications:
- Applications are processed and resolved in order of submission to the registry, provided that the application and documentation are complete and until the available funding is exhausted. If an amendment to the application is necessary, the date of submission must be understood as the date when all the required documentation is available.